Submit ExpressFree Webmaster Tools Web Directories Latest,Updated Politics Upto date Politics Web Directories Mumbai blasts: Victims, families struggle to keep going ~ latest Politics

Total Pageviews

Friday 13 July 2012

Mumbai blasts: Victims, families struggle to keep going

MUMBAI: With a two year old daughter in tow, Rinku Vishwakarma is still struggling to cope with the loss of her husband Mankeshwar, which fell victim to the explosion in the crowded Zaveri Bazar on 13 July last year.

Last year, the same day I saw my husband for the last time ... A year has passed but the pain still persists ... is .. but to cure what is beyond my control is to explain to my little daughter of his father's tragic end, "says Vishwakarma.My daughter always see your picture and ask about it. Pointing to the moon, she asks us to call your father soon, said the housewife of 35 years of age, with tears his eyes.


Although Vishwakarma is the promised amount of five lakh rupees from the state, she says it was not easy as it involved too much documentation."I have not studied hard to understand these steps .. thanks to some of our friends who helped us get the money," he said."Money can not heal my wounds, but help me to raise my family," he said.

Mankeshwar was in 'Khau Galli', where a motorcycle laden with explosives blew up that fateful day in Zaveri Bazaar, the city diamond jewelry center. Another victim Jagia Dharmendra (40), who was seriously injured on the end to the explosion of opera, says doctors have asked him to undergo two more operations.


"I have two operations still more to go ... one of my bones and one for my nerves on the right leg. Until I was discharged, the government paid for my treatment, but now I have to spend money for these operations" said Jagia, which has already undergone four operations.

Shattered in which it is still, Jagia, who got a compensation of two lakh rupees from the government is trying to pick up the pieces of his life.I am bed ridden and unable to walk. Life after the explosion has changed so much ... I wish I was not there at the site of the explosion at the time," said a choked voice.Three nearly simultaneous bomb explosions in the occupied areas of Zaveri Bazaar, Dadar Opera in the city killed 27 people and left over 100 injured last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment